Seiren Co., Ltd. and Seiren Group companies (hereinafter referred to as the “Group”) respect the rights and interests related to each and every customer’s personal information.
This policy, which is related to the handling of personal information, has been established in order to carry out the appropriate management, use and protection of customers’ personal information.
The Group will endeavor to maintain and continuously improve this policy in order to implement the adequate protection of personal information.
1. Appropriate acquisition, use and storage of personal information
- At the time of acquiring a customer’s personal information, its purpose of use will be made clear to the customer, and it will only be acquired upon consent of the customer. The acquired personal information will be handled appropriately, within the bounds specified in its purpose of use.
- The acquired personal information will not be disclosed or offered to a third party without the customer’s consent. However, personal information may be provided to a third party without the customer’s consent in exceptional cases, as determined by laws and ordinances.
- In order to promote the smooth running of business, the handling of personal information may be consigned to an external contractor etc.
If so, an entity with adequate personal information protection standards will be selected, and the observance of such standards will be established through an appropriate contract etc., containing secure control measures.
2. Protection against loss, destruction, alteration, disclosure, unauthorized access etc. of personal information
- The Group will maintain strict management of customers’ personal information and implement precautionary measures against all risks, including alteration, disclosure, unauthorized access etc.
- Specific rules in relation to the appropriate handling and use of personal information will be established, and a responsible person will be assigned to each division in charge of the handling and use of such information.
- Any request, if made from a customer for reference, amendment, update, deletion, suspension of use, etc. of personal information provided by the customer, will be handled promptly, within reasonable limits, only after our confirmation of the customer’s identity.
3. Disclosure, correction and deletion of personal information
- In the case of a request from a customer for the disclosure etc. of applicable personal information provided by the customer, the Group will respond to the request appropriately after confirming the customer’s identity, except in the following cases:
- ①There is a risk to the customer’s or a third party’s life, or risk of damage to the customer’s or a third party’s body, assets, or other rights and/or interests
- ②There is a risk of causing considerable impediment to the reasonable operation of the Group’s business
- ③Fulfilling the request amounts to a violation of law(s) and/or ordinance(s)
4. Compliance with laws and regulations and other standards related to personal information
- Executive staff, employees and contractors of the Group will comply with domestic and foreign laws and regulations and guidelines related to personal information protection concerning the handling of personal information.
5. Continuous improvement of the Personal Information Protection Policy
- The Group will continuously review and improve the Personal Information Protection Policy, so that personal information protection is effectively implemented.
For inquiries related to the disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. of personal information, please contact the consultation services below:
〈Consultation services for inquires related to personal information disclosure etc.〉
Personal Information Consultation Services
Fukui Head Office, Seiren Co., Ltd.
1-10-1 Keya, Fukui-shi, Fukui-ken 918-8560 JAPAN
Personal Information Consultation Services
Tokyo Head Office, Seiren Co., Ltd.
1-1-1 Minamiaoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo-to 107-0062 JAPAN
1 January 2017
Tatsuo Kawada, Chairman and C.E.O. Seiren Co., Ltd.
The Group reserves the right to revise the personal information protection policy described hereinabove. In the event of any revision to the policy, the revision will be posted to this website in its entirety.
Please click here for inquiries regarding this policy.
※For the purposes of this policy, Seiren Co., Ltd. Group companies include domestic and international consolidated subsidiaries.
Revision History of the Personal Information Protection Policy
Revisions to the policy were previously made on 1 March 2008 and 25 September 2013.